To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westover, MD 21871
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Teachers & School Nurse
Somerset County Public Schools • Westover, MD
Posted 1 month ago
- Art Teacher
- Math/Science Instructional Facilitator
- Secondary Math Teachers
- Secondary Science Teachers
Applications are being accepted for a full time School Nurse. The position is for the school year (10 months). However, opportunities exist for nurse employment in our summer programs.
Individual is responsible for working with students who require school health services by performing the following duties utilizing practices in accordance with the current medical and nursing standards of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned by the Building Principal, Nurse Manager, or the Supervisor of Special Programs.
- Administers basic first aid when needed and responds to emergency situations when appropriate.
- Monitors and reviews all health records, including the compliance of all immunizations according to the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Evaluates and follows up referrals received from teachers and principals as appropriate. Keeps administrators advised of problems within their building and advises appropriate action to be taken.
- Makes home visits when necessary to work out problems relating to health and environmental situations affecting students.
- Acts as a liaison between school, home and community agencies in regards to health related problems.
- Serves as a resources person for health education activities.
- Organizes and implements various screening programs and initiates referrals of students as appropriate.
- Identifies students with chronic health problems (i.e. Sickle Cell Anemia, Epilepsy, Diabetes, etc.), alerts the classroom teacher and advises as to the intervention in case of a crisis. Maintains individualized Nursing Care Plans for those students and updates them annually.
- Assists in the identification and control of communicable diseases in the schools.
- Recommends the purchase of health supplies for distribution to the schools.
- Attends meetings relative to health as appropriate and requested.
- Coordinates appropriate in-service activities for school staff and students.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures as established in the Maryland School Health Standards.
- Keeps a record of health room visits and health related incidents. Compiles and reports these statistics as requested by the Nurse Manager or her designee.
- Teaches health classes for teachers when requested and approved by the principal.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams (IEP Meetings, Student Services Teams, Crisis Intervention Teams, etc.). Serves as a member of school's Crisis Team.
- Adheres to SomersetCounty medication policy.
- Corresponds with Somerset County Health Department to serve as a resource for in-service educational activities.
- Maintains staff emergency forms. Processes the first report of injury forms for a work related injury sustained by a staff member.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records.
- Reports problems to building principal and nurse manager or RN on call.
- Consults with nurse manager on any questions regarding medications or health room policies or procedures.
- Documents appropriate student information in PowerSchool as requested by Principal, Nurse Manger, or Student Services Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
Must have a minimum of a License Practical Nurse Degree (LPN) from an accredited institution with at least two years of nursing experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license and current Maryland Nursing License.
Medium - Heavy Truck Instructor
A teacher is being hired for the 2019-2020 to teach a new Career and Technology program at Somerset County Technical High School.
The teacher should be able to teach an integrated curriculum in accordance with all ASE guidance and directives. The program consists of the following courses: Diesel Engineering, Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Preventive Maintenance, with an ASE end of course assessment.
A bachelor's degree or higher in Career and Technology Education or in the career area to be taught or: A bachelor's degree or higher and two years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught or:
An associate's degree in the career area to be taught and two years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught or:
A high school diploma or equivalent and three years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught.
Candidates will be required to complete eligibility requiremnets for certification in Professional and Technical Education by the Maryland State Department of Education.