Senior Electrical Estimator – Roseville, CA
As one of the nation’s largest specialty contractors focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us special or unique. For more than 65 years, Cupertino Electric has built the infrastructure that allows forward-looking companies to realize their vision. We deliver commercial, energy and data center projects fast and without compromise. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation and Safety are reflected in how we treat one other, interact with customers and approach problems. In addition to building great projects, we believe in building great communities as evidenced by our generous giving and volunteer programs.
Position Summary: Responsible for supporting the project management team achieve its goals by delivering high quality estimates on time. The Senior Estimator is responsible for developing and completing project specific estimates based on written and/or oral discretion from project managers. This position will report directly to the Assistant Chief Estimator.
- Supervise, direct and lead estimating team to timely and accurate completion of electrical estimates.
- Estimating takeoffs on projects.
- Provide leadership and training to develop skills of estimators, estimator trainees and other on the estimating team.
- Conduct estimating system training for all estimators, project managers and others as necessary.
- Create and communicate company standards for estimating electrical design/build and plans and specs work.
- May create, maintain and upgrade the company estimating system, database (units and prices) and assemblies.
- Communicate and partner with project managers and general contractors to ensure a high quality estimate is delivered on time.
- Manage quotation process with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that pricing incorporates all scope items.
- At least 7 years of electrical estimating experience in commercial/industrial/high tech industry. 5 years’ experience with a design/build contractor.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Desire and willingness to train others
- Team player with collaborative attitude willing to help others, the team, and the company reach its goals.
- Assembly And Installation
- Project Management
- Subcontractors Relationship Management
- Team Working