MRI Technologist - PRN - AdventHealth East Orlando
Location Address: 7727 LAKE UNDERHILL ROAD
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
• AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
• A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
• Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs all MRI exams using AdventHealth MRI protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam.
- Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
- Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
- Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room.
- Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result.
- Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS.
What You Will Need:
- ARRT – MR or CT or R
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field (Preferred)
- Prior MRI experience on GE magnets (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience (Preferred)
- Current State of Florida license as a General Radiographer (Preferred)
- ARRT – MR (Preferred)
The MRI technologist is under the general supervision of the lead technologist, supervisor, manager, director of special imaging, and radiologist. Their primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of AdventHealth parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (Arrt) Certified
Basic Life Support
Product Quality Assurance