Accounts Payable Materials / Admin
Streeter Associates, Inc. is a General Contracting / Construction management company located in Elmira & Vestal NY. Streeter manages health care, K-12 / Secondary educational, manufacturing, municipal, commercial and infrastructure construction management in a 100-mile radius from our corporate office in Elmira. We are looking for an organized, detail orientated and hard-working team player to handle material and administrative payables, as well as supporting other aspects of the business and accounting functions. The successful candidate will have equivalent accounts payable experience or education to help them transition into the role quickly.
Processing Job Materials Payable transactions
• Match invoices against purchase orders and receiving documentation,
• Ensure proper approvals are received from appropriate project management personnel,
• Stamp and code all invoices to the appropriate job and cost code,
• Ensure proper tax status for each job and the related invoice,
• Enter payable invoices into Timberline SAGE 300, and
• Schedule Invoices for monthly payment, and distribution to vendors and suppliers.
• Regular and consistent review of vendor statements is required to ensure all costs are accounted for.
Processing Administrative Payable transactions
• Ensure all administrative invoices are properly approved,
• Ensure credit card invoices are reconciled with supporting documentation from cardholders, and
• Enter and process administrative invoices in Timberline weekly for payment.
Processing Job cost allocations
• Reviewing and allocating consumables to various jobs based on logs and time sheets (Fuel, Inventory, PM Services), and
• Charge out shop tools to jobs based on internal tool rental sheets.
Other functions of the role
• Cross-train with other accounting staff members providing back-up at times,
• Assist with preparing bid documentation and running bids on bid day (regional travel may be required),
• Verify certified payroll and appropriate safety documentation exists (for employees and subcontractors), and
• Lead or participate in ad hoc projects as they arise per management request.
Skills / Experience / Character
• AP Experience / Equivalent education
• Familiarity with computerized payable and job cost tracking systems,
• Familiarity with construction industry, a plus
• Familiarity with or ability to learn and understand sales tax regulations related to common construction activities,
• Timberline Sage 300 ERP, a plus
• Positive attitude / ability to multi-task / good communication skills / team player.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resource
P.O. Box 118
101 E. Woodlawn Avenue
Elmira, NY 14902
Or submit resume using the field to the right.
*no phone calls please
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated