Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and a more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We are transitioning the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent - want to join the ride?
- Provide the day-to-day manufacturing/sustaining support related to electrical components of ES&O product e.g. PLCs, breakers, fuses and relays for DC and AC circuits, connectors, cables (both power/ethernet/fire alarm) etc.
- Provide ES&O product maintenance support to review, search, verify alternate electrical components sources
- Work independently with vendors and design team to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate design changes
- Support cost reduction efforts and identify new cost take out and ideas
- Review electrical schematic, single line diagram, field wiring diagram, wire-list in Auto-Cad Electrical and BOM in Auto-Cad Inventor/Vault for energy storage systems following UL508A and IEC61439-1/2 standards
- Define electrical manufacturing issues and risks to the product team and support driving solution and implementing it
- Reviewing engineering change requests generated by Electrical R&D.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the manufacturing floor
- Evaluate vendor capability to manufacture products and support ramp up target
- Review product design and confirm manufacturability in collaboration with product development team and factory personal
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and support developing and maintaining the FAT procedure regarding electrical engineering
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for the product development programs.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BS Electrical Engineering degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with focus in electrical engineering, troubleshooting, testing power systems and control panels or switch gears
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, PLCs, Autodesk Inventor for 2D/3D drawings/Models, SAP, Autodesk Vault, PLM Fusion 360 Manage, etc.
- Able to create and review electrical schematic, single line diagram, field wiring diagram
- Able to create and write components specifications and understand manufacturing datasheets.
- Working knowledge of industrial control philosophies, and communication protocols
- Problem solving and innovative mindset
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, peers, subordinates, and vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and team player attitude
- Willing to travel 20% of the time.
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. The spread of COVID when working in customer facilities and project sites can lead to costly site shutdowns, for which Wärtsilä could be deemed financially responsible. Many local government authorities require proof of vaccination to enter the state or country, and many of our customers require proof of vaccination to be on a project site. In line with legal regulations Wärtsilä has implemented a COVID-19 policy on vaccination and testing to reduce the risk of transmission on Wärtsilä premises. Wärtsilä strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated to protect themselves and other employees.
- Auto Cad
- Control Panels
- Electrical Diagrams
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work