Requisition ID: 146383
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Industrial Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on industrial projects that will impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
- Performs complex calculations and applies standards correctly without supervision. Takes lead when works with peers.
- Reviews the work of engineers and designers developing engineering and design documents as needed for the project.
- Possesses critical analytical skills and is adept at utilizing good decision making tool; high level of data analysis skills.
- Regularly performs reviews of vendor documents to ensure specifications and data sheet requirements are met.
- Leads mid to large-size project or proposals.
- Develops and leads others in ways of improving the design and lowering cost.
- Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
- Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
- Applies techniques/technologies to improve processes and business results.
- Utilizes industry and company standards to design and engineer effectively.
- Serves as resource to less experienced engineers.
- Reviews application of standards for correct code interpretations (including IEEE and NEC).
- Leads projects in how to interpret and apply codes and standards.
- Leads team to identify changes in the scope of work during mid to large-sized projects.
- Produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
- Recognizes the importance of customer needs.
- Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
- Leads quality checks of the design and engineering of a mid to major-sized project to ensure accuracy.
- Establishes credibility in terms of technical competency and team leading ability.
- Prioritizes time to meet team commitments and individual work requirements.
- Prepare engineering deliverables consisting of one-lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, equipment data sheets, hazardous area classification drawings, electrical power studies (ETAP), etc.
- Reports to project management team on status and schedule of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering minimum required.
- At least 15 years’ relevant experience in electrical engineering.
- Self directs work with limited supervision.
- Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced engineers.
- Leads small team to complete task/design on project.
- Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
- Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
- Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
- Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Values people and acknowledges the contributions of the team to overall project success.
- Serves as technical resource and point of contact for external or internal customers.
- Knowledge of industry codes, guidelines and regulatory standards to include NEC, NFPA and API.
- Experience with ETAP Electrical Power System Analysis software or similar tool (SKM, EZ-Power, CYMCAP) desired.
- Knowledgeable in power system calculations including load flow, short circuit, arc flash, equipment sizing, grounding, and relay coordination preferred.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making Software