To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2942 U.S. 61
Bloomsdale, MO 63627
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer II
Holcim (US) Inc. A member of LafargeHolcim • Bloomsdale, MO
Posted 1 month ago
MECHANICAL ENGINEER II
Ste. Genevieve Cement Plant
2942 US Hwy 61, Bloomsdale, MO 63627
The Mechanical Engineer will perform design work associated with plant projects, development of new equipment and upgrading of existing equipment to optimise plant operation, increase capacity and improve reliability.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Create safe job procedures for new employees.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs), lubrication schedules, spares requirements and bills of materials (BOMs) for new equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to all process areas.
- Prepare cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan.
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling and efficient execution of plant projects.
- Interface with contractors utilized in plant and project work, including solicitation of quotations, selection and field direction.
- Interface with vendors, including evaluation of equipment and recommendation of plant items for procurement.
- Assistance with preventative/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Paretos, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
- Assist with facilitation of continuous improvement processes such as RCA, FMEA, etc.
- Responsible for communicating maintenance engineering improvement needs within the facility to the maintenance manager.
- Assist with planning and supervision of plant outages.
- Work with area leaders and warehouse staff to optimise spares inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years in heavy industrial mechanical maintenance, mechanical project work, plant construction or supervision.
Additional Requirements: Expertise in heavy industrial hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems and knowledge of the cement manufacturing process is preferred.
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP, Autocad, Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)