Tentative Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. General Summary
A Sr QA Technician, either through schooling or experience, will have the skills needed to create extensive test plans and cases to verify the quality of software and hardware projects. Utilizing peer review, participate in the process of ensuring the quality of new and existing software and hardware and verify programs function according to user requirements and conform to established standards. Works with Project Administrators to estimate project testing efforts, as well as start maintaining project pages and reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Work as the project lead on moderate sized software projects.
- May work as the project lead on large project with Admin assistance.
- Create detailed Test Plans to outline the general testing that needs to be accomplished.
- Identify and document application defects in a centralized issue tracking system.
- Create/Run SQL statements in order to create, update, or validate data.
- Create detailed test cases for full system requirement coverage/traceability.
- Execute test cases to validate software/hardware functionality.
- Report test results and status as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of QA standards.
- Intermediate understanding of test design and testing methodologies.
- Increasing technical knowledge as it relates to O'Reilly's tech stack.
- Previous experience with software testing.
- General knowledge of SQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and confidently with teams and individually.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Associate's degree in an IT related field or 2+ years QA experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field.
- General knowledge of Software development methodologies.
- General knowledge of Linux.
- General knowledge of iSeries commands and file structures.
Ibm Rational Clearquest