DescriptionAt PruittHealth Therapy Services, we’re committed to a lot of things.
But we’re especially committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That’s why we attract employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a job – where being part of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.Position:
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Home Health -working PRN to full time hoursLocation:
Choose your service area located throughout Union, Towns, Fannin, Gilmer and Pickens CountiesPOSITION SUMMARY:
Provide physical therapy treatments to PruittHealth Home Health patients in their place of residence under the supervision/direction of a physical therapist. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
QualificationsLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist with the development and implementation of the plan of care within goals defined by the physician, patient/patient family and interdisciplinary team.
- Provide therapy services according to the plan of care that has been developed and ordered by the physician and under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Meet agency productivity standards. Utilize time and resources effectively.
- Prepare clinical documentation including assessments, visit notes, and progress notes.
- Coordinate services as directed by the RN Care Manager and/or Patient Care Coordinator.
- Submit all documentation within timelines determined by the agency.
- Assess the health status of assigned patients according to the agency policies and procedures and job standards.
- Regularly reevaluate the patient’s level of function and skilled therapy needs in collaboration with the physical therapist.
- Treat the patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and obtain maximum outcomes according to the established plan of care.
- Assist the physical therapist in assessing the physical disability and level of function of patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Patient Care Coordinator.
- Participate in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintain competence level to meet agency and JCAHO standards governing personnel training, qualifications and patient care. Participate in the agency's in-service and education program.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferencing.
- Advise and consult the family and other interdisciplinary team members to promote the optimal functional outcomes.
- Instruct the patient/patient caregiver(s) on the total physical therapy program.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO), and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a valid and unrestricted professional license in state of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program. If foreign-trained, the program must be deemed substantially equivalent to a Physical Therapist Assistant entry level education in the U.S. by a credentials evaluation organization approved by the APTA.
- Current CPR certification.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years' therapy experience.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Oct 29, 2019, 1:28:06 PM