To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pennsauken Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton • Pennsauken Township, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for psychiatric treatment and medication of program consumers as part of community based services, as well as the supervision and/or collaboration with prescribing staff members. Documentation, prescriptions, and collaborative therapy notes streamlined via EHR. Culture of care delivery through a team approach, including collaborative team meeting for discussion/consensus of patient care. Teams include nursing, therapy staff, team lead, case workers, physician typically across clinics.
- Maintains appropriate standards and procedures for psychiatric and medical care to clients
- Ensures that procedures for the effective delivery of psychiatric services are adhered to by assigned staff members, and collaborates with the Medical Director in regards to the recruitment of other psychiatrists and/or APN’s
- Reviews charts on a quarterly basis to ensure that documentation standards are adhered to by assigned medical staff, in consultation with the Medical Director.
- Provides direct services to clients; i.e., psychiatric evaluation, medication and psychotherapy. This may include occasional referral to other physicians in the event that some physical problem is suspected.
- Provides overall supervision of medical staff and where appropriate, a collaboration agreement with the psychiatric advanced practice nurse(s).
- Complete annual performance evaluations of medical staff members, including psychiatrists, APN’s and psychiatric nurses, and facilitate adherence to psychiatry productivity standards, in consultation with the Medical Director.
- Collaborates with all staff involved with the delivery of psychiatric or medical services to program participants, including participation in critical case reviews.
- Meets regularly with program staff to be appraised of consumers’ progress.
- Provides consultative and educational services to staff members in regards to consumers or current psychiatric knowledge pertinent to program participants.
- Meets periodically with the Medical Director to discuss any pertinent issues to the agency.
- Provides documentation of professional services as required by Catholic Charities, the NJ Division of Mental Health Services, Division of Addition Services, NJ Department of Human Services, Council on Accreditation, Medicaid, and other third party payers to maintain licensing, accreditation, and/or generate reimbursement.
- Completes documentation, activity logs, and time slips in timely fashion.
- Utilize the agency electronic health record system and support psychiatry/APN staff members in utilization of the EHR.
- Assists consumers with disability, housing and transportation entitlement forms
- Provides in-service training and consultation to program staff.
- Participates in Quality Improvement process.
Doctorate in Medicine from an accredited college or university (M.D.). Successful completion of a specialty residency in the field of Psychiatry. License and certification (see below). 5-7 years of professional experience in the delivery of community based psychiatric service to seriously and persistently mentally ill consumers.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Current medical license in the State of New Jersey. Board certification (or Board Eligible) in American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Complete Online Application
If you are unable to complete the online application at this time,
please click “APPLY NOW”, send in your resume and we will be in contact with next steps!