Project Manager/Project Engineer (Chlor Alkai)
- Start date July 1 or July 8
- Duration 6 to 12 months minimum
- Location Houston, TX
- Rate - Must justify with current rate and experience. $85/hr max
- FLSA Exempt
DESCRIPTION: Under broad direction, this position is responsible for all phases of planning and execution on a medium-sized (typically less than $100 million total installed cost) project or may be responsible for a segment of a larger project. Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the client and focuses on meeting contract requirements. Possesses knowledge of the respective industry including Petrochemicals, Refining, Chemicals, LNG, etc. ranging in scope from pre-FEED, FEED to EPC. Supervises personnel assigned to the project. Job role has budgetary responsibility.
Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 15 years related experience. Candidate should possess a working knowledge of all phases of project execution.
Qualifications must include project experience with Chlor Alkali (Brine / Electrolysis / Chlorine process stream). Generalist is not preferred.
Candidate will work within an integrated project management team environment.
Detailed tasks are shown in the table below. Tasks during Program Execution step
- Planning and Administration
- Create all required project management plans, schedules, estimates, strategies, concepts etc. for assigned Project using standardized templates and approaches.
- Create FEL2 deliverables schedule including information on interfaces with other Projects and provide to the Sr. Project Manager for integration into one effective schedule for the entire Project Group.
- Deploy required safety program to assure the safety of the project team members throughout the project
- Develop Strategy for Engineering in FEL 2, working with Eng. Mgr., Sr. PM, Discipline Leads
- Work with Engineering Manager to clearly delineate the physical interfaces between Projects and provide input to the Lead Scheduler and PM on effective ways to ensure interfaces are scheduled and managed effectively
- Work with Controls Lead and Scheduler to integrate own Project schedule into a comprehensive and coordinated Project Group schedule that shows the critical path and highlights the areas of required coordination across Disciplines and across Projects (interfaces). (for FEL2 then FEL3).
- Create plans for managing deviations or potential deviations from scope, budget and schedule.
- Risk Management: Develop "fallback" positions for critical issues within Project
- Perform all standard PM tasks for the Project including scope management, estimating and reporting, cost control, contract plan, scheduling, schedule compliance, risk identification and mitigation, deliverable quality, reports etc...
- Control Project engineering cost, progress and quality performance and make adjustments to ensure objectives are met
- Ensure that Project objectives and deliverables are met during the project phase
- Review any potential changes in design with other project PMs, the Engineering Manager and the Sr. Project Manager to identify any potential negative impacts or needs for additional changes prior to a formal change submission
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the Project to the Sr. Project Manager
- Understand Unit Process: Start Up, Shutdown, Maintenance Needs, Upset Conditions, Safety Considerations
- Ensure project team is clear on project objectives, key deadlines and deliverables and hold them accountable through good controls.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure coordination of own Project deliverables with those of other Projects
- Work with Disciplines as needed to adjust their approach to tasks to ensure timely and coordinated task completion. Secure additional time, resources or funding if required to keep the project progressing.
- Get input and feedback from Operations, Maintenance and other Disciplines
- Coordinate with Commissioning / Start up Manager
- Coordinate with Construction Manager
- Inform Sr. PM and/or Engineering Manager of any major deviations or potential deviations in project plans.
- Work closely with the project Technical Committee to get answers to questions requiring their input. Include Sr. PM and Engineering Manager in discussions of issues prior to going to the Technical Committee.
- Work closely with Controlling to ensure all required information is being provided.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Liquefied Natural Gas