Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Job Summary: The Business Systems Analyst is a key individual contributor on moderately complex individual projects for individual clients. Typical client assignment would be on tier 2 or tier 3 clients, across verticals. With minimal instruction and guidance, follows standard practices, processes and procedures to facilitate and lead client solution/requirements gathering sessions and test solutions. The Business Systems Analyst analyzes business processes, requirements and data from various sources and utilizes this information to develop and document requirements for projects. Basic familiarity of the software development lifecycle and ability to apply SDLC concepts to their own work. May include project management for small projects.
The BSA is responsible for:
- Participating in requirements gathering sessions with end users and stakeholders.
- Documenting requirements based on the requirements gathering sessions and aligned to the business needs.
- Documenting test plans and test cases and executing the test plans and test cases.
- Supporting and troubleshooting solutions once those solutions are implemented in a production environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes moderately complex business problems, needs and requirements and translates those into written system and functional specifications.
- Works with developers, system architects and senior BSAs to design and document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included in the implementation.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Develops and documents test plans and test cases.
- Executes quality assurance, functional, system integration and end to end testing; coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing with the end user.
- Provides production support for solutions that are in production.
- May participate in cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with the end client, Client Services, client vendors and internal technology teams. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions and databases.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leads client solution/requirements gathering sessions.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select an appropriate course of action.
- Able to independently assemble, analyze and evaluate information, data and other supporting inputs and be able to make logical recommendations and decisions based on those inputs.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (overall project scope, business and system requirements).
- Able to properly interpret customer needs/requirements, and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Able to create new requirement related documentation and update existing requirement related documentation.
- Able to identify, quantify and articulate changes to scope.
- Able to effectively serve as a liaison between client teams and internal technical teams.
- Able to develop, document and execute test cases/plans.
- Able to articulate and document test results and defects.
- Able to facilitate and coordinate user acceptance testing with the end client.
- Able to manage platform intakes.
- Able to manage small projects.
- Able to define and document production support processes and procedures for custom solutions.
- Requires 1-2 years of prior relevant experience
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Great oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic familiarity of the software development lifecycle.
- Able to apply the concepts of the software development lifecycle to their own work.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Basic SQL skills and ability.
- Able to clearly present data and analysis to internal project teams and translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to serve as a liaison between client teams and internal technical teams.
Requires 2-4 years of related experience.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
- Production Support
- Test Planning
- Business Process
- Requirements Elicitation
- Functional Specification