With a focus on the Federal Government, Kearney & Company provides financial services, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are also consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
Due to significant growth, Kearney & Company is currently seeking an Accounting Audit Associate to join our team! The Accounting Audit Associate will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations, as well as identify and effectively communicate accounting and auditing matters to Seniors, Managers and Principals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment
- Maintaining relationships and communicating with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations
- Perform audit tests under the supervision of Senior auditors, both internal control and substantive related procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to balance multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently
- Apply innovative methodologies that support an audit
- Review and evaluate internal controls and supporting documentation
- Contribute to developing solutions for implementation to mitigate deficiencies for internal control activities and supporting documentation
- Determine compliance with policies and selected law/regulations
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Business Administration with a major in Accounting
- 0-2 years of accounting and auditing experience
- Proficient skills in MS Excel
- Ability to obtain and maintain an interim U.S. Secret security clearance (requires U.S. citizenship)
- Ability to travel up to 25%, barring any travel restrictions associated with the current COVID-19 environment
- CPA highly desirable
- Experience working with Federal and/or DoD clients a plus
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call
or email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Audit Associate
. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
Hardworking And Dedicated