To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redstone Arsenal, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator (Senior)
Chenega Corporation • Redstone Arsenal, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Systems Administrator (Senior)
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Systems Administrator (Senior) maintains UNIX/AIX/SOLARIS/LINUX servers and administers upgrades, repairs, installs, configurations, and integrates new software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer the physical and virtual environment for hosted servers
- Maintain and administer the Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX), Solaris, UNIX, and Linux servers including upgrading, repairing, installing, configuring and integrating new software products, maintaining security, user and group managing, creating shared directories, and setting security permissions
- Configure and manage disk space allocation, zone administration, and logical partitioning, hardware and software configuration, mail, and system startup/shutdown as required
- Administer server configurations including configuring and managing disk space, and job scheduling as requested by PEO-EIS
- Adding/deleting/disabling users as approved and/or requested by PEO-EIS ISSM and/or PEO-EIS customer’s ISSM
- Maintain and administer the supporting computers, and peripherals including upgrades, minor repairs, and software integration of current and prospective software packages.
- Perform clustering and high availability administration
- Perform weekly full system and daily incremental backups of all supporting systems IAW with PEO-EIS program requirements. Perform recovery of data as required/requested by PEO-EIS
- Develop UNIX/AIX scripts as required in performance of administering the systems
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and upgrade system specific software associated with the hardware and support systems as required/requested by PEO- EIS
- Provide applicable documentation to Government personnel regarding maintenance, administration, and configuration of AIX/UNIX servers
- Maintain and monitor security activity audit logs and IAVA compliancy IAW AR 25-2
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 10 years direct relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education; combined total of 16 years for education and experiance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III Certified with CE
- Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively identify and solve project issues
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Must possess the ability to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.