Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
440 S. McLean Blvd
Elgin, IL 60123
This position is a broad based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per 5S policies
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Provide assistance and training to other employees in assigned work area
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards
- Assist in other areas as necessary
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
Skills and Experience
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED
• Minimum (3) months of manufacturing experience
• Must be able to read and understand prints
• Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Certified Nursing Assistant