NETWORK SPECIALIST - STREAMING SYSTEMS
This candidate will be responsible for product support services for video streaming products. The position manages pre and post-sale support of systems that use Extron products to stream and transport AV media over networks. The role includes the design and implementation methodologies to assure best practices are being used to optimize and validate strategies and recommendations. A strong working knowledge of networking topologies, QoS, routing, and switching protocols, 802.11 wireless technologies, firewalls and VPNs is required. This role will also require experience and the ability to support customers with best practices of network design and implementation including network protocols, subnetting/address schemas, DNS, DHCP, and security protocols.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field, engineering, or equivalent experience (Transcripts Required).
- 5+ years of experience developing and integrating network and enterprise management systems in large enterprise class networks (Fortune 500).
- Experience in creating architectural solutions and in working with multiple business units and solution teams to leverage multiple technologies.
- Able to assist in the deployment of a solution into an existing infrastructure, including the identification and integration of products and services.
- Able to provide strong consulting and strategic advising to our Sales, Product Management and Delivery teams in the network design and requirements.
- Able to provide technical direction for best practices and functional roles during customer engagements, to include assisting in identifying skills and business shortfalls in a customer environment, and participating in the establishment of solutions.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex customer network problems across a broad range of video technologies.
- A recognized industry certification that supports representation of depth of knowledge and experience in routing and switching such as: Cisco CCNP or Juniper JNCIP-ENT.
- Knowledge of Video Protocols and experience in video and audio encoding and decoding.
- Experience with systems that make extensive use of UDP traffic including streaming media protocols, i.e. RTP/RTSP/RTCP, HTTP 1.0/1.1, RTMP, SIP.
- Experience with video file containers, i.e. MP4 and MPEG-2 TS.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively and in a timely manner.
- Excellence in training, motivating and guiding colleagues to achieve results and meet internal objectives.
- Proven ability to achieve consensus decisions on complex business and technical challenges
- Ability to communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel and articulate vision across Executives and Technical Decision Makers
- Some travel will be required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
Real Time Messaging Protocol
Session Initiation Protocols
Rtp Control Protocol
Real Time Streaming Protocol (Rtsp)
Real Time Transport Protocol