Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumHealth, Optum SCA Health is seeking a Vice President Practice Revenue Cycle Operations. The Vice President of Practice Revenue Cycle Operations will be a member of the Optum Specialty Practices team and work closely with other senior executives in execution of the partnership strategy for the Specialty Practice Division. The focus of this individual will be to support the build out of best-in-class revenue cycle practices within partnered specialty practices across the country. This individual will support the improvement of revenue cycle performance and integration of business offices at partnered practices across the country.
A key component of the role will be a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing most specialty physician groups. This individual will be working with different types of groups ranging from newly formed or aggregated practices to mature practices. They will need to understand and show competence in assessing the specialty practice revenue cycle landscape and develop processes to transform existing operations. This individual will need to have a successful track record of managing large scale revenue cycle transformation programs and business integration efforts.
Through our best-in-class talent and visionary, data-driven approach, we are challenging the status quo and setting new standards of excellence in specialty care:
We use our deep relationships, scale, and relevance to address the specific needs of our local partners
- We align care with our patients’ primary care physicians
- We create innovative payment models that drive quality patient outcomes
- We drive growth and financial returns to our partners
Our approach puts the patient first. We offer our partners the depth of support and expertise they need to focus what matters most: delivering high-quality, value-oriented care to our patients.
As part of Optum, a division of the largest healthcare company in the U.S., our network and resources enable us to meaningfully improve care in our communities and across the country.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute change management process for revenue cycle operations including taking disparate divisions and creating a successful centralized business office for each MSO.
- Act as a revenue cycle strategic advisor to the practices.
- Support the VP of Practice Operations and finance teams in achieving plan through revenue cycle improvement.
- Partner with practice operations on workflow changes and practice management system training that enhances revenue cycle performance
- Drive the strategy and action plan development for revenue cycle for prospective practices during diligence.
- Create innovations, technology point solutions or vendor relationships that generates market-leading results for specialty practices
- Influence staff and physician behaviour to drive financial performance through actionable reporting
- Manage to mutually agreed upon KPIs like days in AR, denials, claims per FTE, staffing ratios for revenue cycle etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a lead Revenue Cycle position inside of a physician practice. working with independent physician practices. Experience with proceduralists (orthopaedics, cardiology, ENT, urology, etc) preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a Director or VP level Revenue Cycle position inside of a physician practice
- 8+ years of experience creating and optimizing a physician practice centralized business office
- 5+ years of experience working with or in Management Services Organization (MSO) or other entity that provides management and consultative services to physician practices
- Willing to live in market and travel extensively, at least 50% or more per week
- Experience working within a joint venture relationship
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- MBA or other Masters’ Level Degree
- Clinical Degree
- Proven track record of developing successful relationships with practice operations and technology teams in high-volume physician practices.
- Proven track record of successful business partnerships with physician owners
- Ability to establish trust and long-term relationships
- Confidence and demeanour to gain the respect of senior executives and physician leadership of specialty groups
- Outstanding communication skills and executive presence.
- Team player who can perform at a high level and willing to roll up sleeves to support a small but growing team in any capacity needed
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, have a strong desire to succeed, and willingness to exert the extraordinary effort that will be required
What makes an Optum organization different?
- We understand the significance of Value Base Care and our power as change agents to positively impact health disparities and iniquities
- Optum embraces inclusion and diversity and understands the significance of individual unique strengths and attributes.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Short-Term Incentives
- Annual UHG Equity Award
- Health, Dental Vision Plans
- 401K w/company match
- Additional Leadership Benefits
- Work as an integral leader within a Fortune 500 company that is changing the face of healthcare
- Remote employee option
- Career Growth and Development support
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.