The Judge Group is searching for a Regulatory Specialist experienced in food manufacturing to support in product labeling, nutrition, and regulatory guidance. The position provides labeling and nutrition guidance, ensures the technical accuracy of product labels, and develops and maintains appropriate records to meet corporate, government, and consumer requirements.
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Provides nutritional, labeling, and regulatory expertise such that the business goals of the divisions are supported and advanced to ensure regulatory compliance and responsible marketing and sales actions.
- Responsible for obtaining USDA/FSIS label approval, temporary approvals, and extensions for U.S. products.
- Independently writes and validates the technical label copy (FLS) through application of FDA regulations and the standards and principles of nutrition and food science.
- Independently reviews and substantiates claims. Provides regulatory guidance on claims to the organization.
- Reviews and approves label art files in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Stays abreast of current FDA regulations and helps assess impact on labeling of our product portfolio.
- Collaborates with Product Development on plant trials as needed.
- Provide technical guidance as appropriate in response to product-related consumer inquiries.
- Maintains a proactive approach by identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement in all aspects of the team’s operation and in the divisions’ business as related to labeling, regulatory and nutrition.
- Responds to nutritional and regulatory technical inquiries for both internal and external customers.
- B.S. in Food Science, Nutrition, Biology, Engineering or related field required
- Experience with generating food product labels including ingredient statements and nutritional data to meet customer and regulatory requirements is a MUST
- Knowledge of FDA food labeling regulations and comfort with regulatory interpretation
- Experience working cross-functionally in a regulatory or labeling environment
- HACCP and FSMA PCQI certifications preferred
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to REGULATORY SPECIALIST
- Business Process Improvement
- Claim Processing
- Product Design
- Regulatory Compliance
- Regulatory Requirements