To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marion, NC 28752
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Continuous Improvement Manager - Marion, NC
WestRock • Marion, NC
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Continuous Improvement Manager
1659 East Court St., Marion, NC 28752
The Continuous Improvement Manager is expected to establish and develop Marion’s Performance Excellence system and continuous improvement activities resulting in a measurable improvement in key plant metrics through the following activities:
- Leading monthly PE pillar engagements
- Working with and developing PE pillars, sub pillars and pillar members in alignment with the plant steering team
- Facilitating plant steering team meetings
- Facilitating the activities of the plant Green Belts and Yellow Belts
- Leads process improvement projects/ initiatives in manufacturing
- Sets and achieves challenging breakthrough goals for self and projects
- Assists various department managers in maintaining an effective work environment
- Interfaces effectively with customers as required
- Collates and analyzes performance data and charts against defined parameters
- Maintains awareness of business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects, which are cost, time, and scope
- Provides assistance to the General Manager as requested
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Strong Leadership / Coaching ability
- Understanding team based management principles and vision a must
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects and leveraging best practices across the organization
- Project Management experience leading large projects or multiple client projects
- Demonstrated leader who can effectively challenge, influence and build consensus within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use, teach and coach others on statistical, analytical, facilitation, and change acceleration tools
- Detail knowledge of plant operations is required
- Ability to understand and apply department policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact in person or otherwise with management, other employees, and external or internal customers or service providers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals
- Strong understanding of converting & warehousing production equipment
- Continuous Improvement tools knowledge and experience
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence. Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities. An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential. A career with a global packaging company where sustainability, safety and inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.