At Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are motivated by a passion to help our Customers. Since we are an essential business we have a commitment to advance the lives of over 70,000 fellow Team Members plus impact our Customers, and the Communities where we live and work.
With over 5,200 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider. With opportunities ranging from our front lines in our Stores to our Distribution Centers to our Corporate Support Center and our rapidly growing Professional Business. We believe in team work, collaboration, setting up employees for successful career growth opportunities with our best in class training programs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to the following:
• Medical /Dental / Vision / Prescription
• Vacation Time
• Health Savings Accounts
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Discounts
• Pet Insurance
• Plus Much More!
At Advance Auto Parts our Store Setup Lead assists the Supervisor of Store Set Up in leading and coordinating activities of Internal or Outsourced teams at new, remodel, and relocation projects. Builds racking and displays automotive merchandise such as accessories, chemicals, batteries, Starters, Alternators, Rotors and other like automotive
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in unloading and loading of trucks.
- Builds Gondolas and Backroom storage shelving according to floor plan.
- Places merchandise on fixtures according to plan-o-gram
- Assist in training store personnel and Outsourced team members proper merchandising techniques.
- Places price and descriptive signs on fixtures, and merchandise.
- Must install and/or relocate computers.
- Is responsible for assisting in maintaining company equipment in a safe manner and instructing others to do the same.
- Must document (written) any noncompliance with company policy or procedure by an employee within forty-eight (48) hours of occurrence (contact supervisor or Human Resource if in doubt)
- Must be capable of leading and directing a group of outsourced team members to successfully set a new store, relocation, or remodel of an existing or acquired Advance Auto Parts, Carquest or WORLDPAC store/branch to company and department standards.
- Assist in supervising of 2-20 internal or outsourced team members during assignments. Is responsible for assisting in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To maintain a positive attitude, set a professional example, and promote proper work ethics for team members and operations personnel at all times to follow.
- Verify all plan-o-grams are correct, current and built to plan. This includes signage, display racks, and specialty display items. Any errors in plan-o-gram accuracy should be reported to the plan-o-gram department.
- Report any unfinished construction issues to the construction department.
- Is responsible for team members conduct at stores, motels, etc. as they travel.
- Is responsible for keeping expenses to a minimum following department and company guidelines. This includes motel, travel, meals, tools, supplies and payroll.
- Must be capable in making decisions in absence of the Merchandising Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, Outsourced reps or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel as store schedule requires. Travel may require being away from home four (4) to twelve (12) days at a time. Typical schedule is 8 days but can vary.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and set a professional example.
- Should be well-mannered, neat in appearance, and possess the ability to meet and deal with store personnel and the general public in an unbiased manner.
- Must attend all scheduled and or required company meetings.
- Follow all security and safety practices at all times
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Displaying (Exhibition)