We are seeking Research Engineers and Senior Research Engineers with strong research and software engineering expertise to join our Automation Runtime Systems Research Group in Princeton, NJ! The right person will have a mix of research experience in software engineering and strong knowledge of industrial automation systems!
In the role as Research Engineer, you will
* Research on the industrial data and control infrastructure for the automation systems of the future
* Advance the state-of-the-art, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
* Apply research and working knowledge to solve real world industrial challenges
* Work with Software Engineers to build concepts and develop working prototypes
* Present technical results to customers and acquire new businesses
* Seek advocacy from appropriate Siemens' business units on potential use cases
* Develop sophisticated engineering software
* Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
* Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification, and implementation of product components
Qualified candidates will have:
* PhD. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering, Autonomous Systems, Electrical engineering
* Research Engineers require a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar research / software engineering roles. Senior Research Engineers require a minimum of 7 years of experience in similar research engineering roles.
* Knowledge of industrial automation systems for discrete or process industries.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
* Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
* Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
- Autonomous System
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering