At Company Brands, Inc., a leading designer, marketer and distributor of small household and commercial appliances, our culture is one of hard work, ethical behavior and team work. We roll up our sleeves and work hard to create products that have been pleasing customers for over 100 years.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Vice President, IT Business Solutions opportunity at our Corporate Headquarters in Glen Allen, Virginia. The Vice President, IT Business Solutions will be responsible for building strong business relationships across global functions to drive an IT and Business Solutions strategy, and to lead delivery of IT services to support HBB’s strategic initiatives. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with other senior managers and business units to understand and define business requirements, solution design, and drive delivery across multiple functions. The VP, IT Business Solutions must have broad experience and knowledge with respect to all aspects of multiple business functions and will have a strong record of successful collaboration and service delivery. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced team focused environment and be a dedicated, strategic, results driven self-starter with a strong work ethic and people management skills.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversee the IT system demands of global business and provide and drive a solutions strategy road-map which integrates IT systems with business needs to optimize and grow various lines of business.
- Create and maintain partnerships and alliances with business unit leaders to understand business needs and involve them in generating mutually beneficial business solutions.
- Monitor emerging technologies and changes within all areas of our industry to be able to identify appropriate changes and trends which could benefit HBB’s global business units.
- Determine the scope of integration of various cross-functional initiatives and drive consensus among executive leaders to implement change, and advise exploiting new technologies.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks, cyber security and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance, governance, compliance, and security of enterprise data.
- Proactively manage and optimize IT Business Solutions budgets to drive efficiency and quality.
- Oversee the creation of a framework for evaluating IT Business Solutions technologies, making sourcing decisions, and creating scalable vendor management processes.
- Oversee the development of appropriate governance frameworks and mechanisms for the effective use of information and technology to create value and manage risk.
- Steer enterprise initiatives that support IT Business Solutions strategy.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or a business related field; MBA is desirable
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience working with cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization
- 5+ years of experience in informational intensive industries or advanced enterprises – preferably consumer retail
- Strategy and management consulting experience desirable
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Some domestic and international travel will be required