Job Description and Responsibilities:
Do you consume news 24/7? Want to learn what it takes to produce daily content? Interested in shaping the future of the media industry? Apply for our Intern Program!
TEGNA is a large, public media company with a portfolio that includes 46+ TV stations. We're committed to developing the next generation of media industry leaders. Our paid internship program gives students an opportunity to explore career paths across TEGNA. Participants will gain valuable real-world experience alongside some of the most senior and celebrated journalists in the country and have the chance to build a network that will be invaluable throughout their careers. Come join us in the adventure!
- Produce engaging content for all platforms
- Use social media and other tools to understand audience's needs
- Demonstrate a desire to learn as much as possible about a career in media
- Assist as needed in the newsroom
There are two positions available:
- Multimedia Journalist - shadowing reporters in the field and in the newsroom to get a sense of newsroom environment and skills required to excel in the workplace
- Multiplatform Producer - shadowing producers and assisting them in the creation of thoughtful, relevant content from broadcast, social and digital platforms.
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university; preference is for juniors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher who will be rising seniors during their internship summer; preference for Communications or Journalism majors
- Passion for storytelling
- Strong writing and social media skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
**NOTE: TEGNA does not guarantee full-time, permanent employment upon completion of the internship program.**
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.