Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, a premiere entertainment & hospitality company, is seeking to fill a Sales Manager position for the Hershey Resorts division of the Company. The Sales Manager is responsible for generating business to increase group room nights and food and beverage and meeting space revenue from a defined market segment. The home office for this position is at the Hershey Lodge.
- Direct selling responsibilities to corporate, government and association business; conducting telephone solicitations and outside sales calls to prospective clients in order to sell guest rooms, meeting space, food and beverage, while promoting the destination of Hershey and all its venues.
- Developing new business relationships and incremental revenue opportunities
- Writing customized sales proposals utilizing Cendyn.
- Blocking guest rooms and meeting space in Delphi.
- Corresponding with clients.
- Following up on requests for information/proposals and sales leads.
- Entertaining and conducting site inspections for clients.
- Communicating group information to other departments.
- Attending external sales events including trade shows and networking events.
- Minimum of (3) years of hospitality experience, preferably in sales, convention services or related field.
- Bachelors' Degree. If no degree, an additional four years of related sales experience is required.
- Valid driver's license
- Proven hospitality-sales background
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Qualified candidate required to manage guest room and function space to maximize revenue potential.
- Experience with Delphi, Excel, and Cendyn.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction or supervision.
- Embody HE&R core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Work schedule will include travel on a regular basis, will be required to work evenings, holidays and weekends as required, occasional overnight travel is required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate, visual ability to perform at close distances, and mobility.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 14829
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R), we are a world-class
entertainment & hospitality company located in the heart of Hershey, PA. Every
member of our team goes above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience –
one that will create lasting memories for our guests and foster success for our
employees, company and community.
View the full profile
is a privately held company founded in 1927 when our founder, Milton S.
Hershey, separated his chocolate manufacturing operations from his other
businesses. Our nearly 1,600 full-time and more than 6,200 seasonal/part-time
employees share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder while
striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless
Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.