- The Director of Operations will be responsible for assisting the Business Unit Managers by ensuring the productivity, quality and other related performance goals of the operations by motivating, directing and guiding the staff for assigned assignments in their facility location. The Director of Operations will be responsible for oversight of daily operations, customer relations, and business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow company's revenue that aligns with strategic objectives and the annual operating plan (AOP) planned objectives.
- Responsible for Profit and Loss (P&L) performance of overall XRI Operations.
- Provide guidance to resolve operational issues as required.
- Lead strategic planning process for growth targeted areas.
- Develops action/project plans in support of the strategic objectives.
- Champion projects that align with launching new startups and/or additional processes inside current facilities.
- Supports the Business Unit Managers on existing and/or new business opportunities.
- Responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Regularly reviews aged accounts receivable and follows up with delinquent customers.
- Reviews / makes recommendations for purchases, modifications, renovations of plant and equipment to the EVP for inclusion in the annual capital budget.
- Maintains information about the financial status of Customers and status of collection efforts while regularly communicating information to Finance Manager and the EVP.
- Locates and/or proposes prospective business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Assist the Business Unit Managers in developing continuous improvement initiatives to execute them accordingly in support of improving the processes, P&L that aligns with the overarching goals of the organization.
- Responsible for the development of staff, including performance management process.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of process mapping, planning, and improvement.
- Knowledge of operational practices and services in the non-destructive testing and inspection industry.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and experience in strategic planning and execution is required
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational, leadership and management skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- People management skills including coaching, mentoring, and correcting behaviors in a motivating way.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree with related experience; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience in operations management required. Preferred operations management experience in the non-destructive testing and inspection industry.
- Must be familiar with and able to implement Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient with applicable software applications
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.
Coaching And Mentoring