The Klamath Energy (KE) Plant Engineer Ld/Sr is a leadership role and will manage projects, contracts and outages including qualifying and managing contractors. This position oversees all aspects of engineering at KE for all systems at the plant including but not limited to structural, fluid/processes, and electrical. It also includes writing work scopes for and overseeing projects or equipment repairs, reviewing bid packages and qualifying/selecting vendors/contractors
• Coordinates with power marketing group, Maintenance Personnel, EH&S Engineer, O&M Manager and Senior Director to implement daily and/or hourly production targets, and ensure these targets are achieved in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
• Responsible for the heat rate of the facilities and the monitoring of operating equipment’s performance.
Skills and Requirements
• Responsible for discovery, design, and engineering of new projects that will help with the efficiency of the facilities or help reduce O & M costs. This includes performing cost analysis for these projects.
• Provide engineering input for modifications and alterations that are required to conform to new or unique demands by corporate, plant requirements or regulatory agencies.
• Assist in the addition or modification of computer controls that makes operations of the facility more efficient or effective.
• Coordinates and manages plant staff, outside contractors and OEM’s to minimize costs and optimize plant availability and reliability.
• Responsible and assist others in all aspects of scheduled and unscheduled outages; including parts, materials, labor, contractors, planning / scheduling, logistics and testing.
• Administers contracts as assigned.
• Plans and executes the design, engineering, procurement and construction of all projects or betterment.
• Backs up the Operations Manager for data collection, reporting and other administrative functions.
• Manages programs such as MOC, Document Control (Drawings), Work scopes and purchasing bid package review.
• Takes manager on call duties on a rotating basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or the equivalent in training or experience.
• Minimum 10 years power plant experience
• Minimum 5 years supervisory / management experience in power generation required.
• Experience in plant combined cycle operations, maintenance required.
• Management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, implement mission–critical programs, set expectations for and follow up with staff, recommend and oversee improvement of plant specific processes and systems.
• Ability to motivate people. Help establish and foster a cooperative, team oriented, boundary-less work culture.
• Ability to perform and coordinate root cause analysis of plant/equipment problems and to implement corrective action, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Experienced in all facets of contract management and administration.
• Ability to fulfill all customer expectations in an economical manner.
• 10+ years’ experience performing power plant engineering duties including modeling, process analysis, design and improvement.
• Detailed knowledge of applicable standards including ASME.
• Proven ability and experience in successfully managing a team.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with all levels of management, operations, and technical personnel in and easy to understand yet precise format.
• Ability to respond on an on-call basis and travel to remote locations as required. Travel approximately <5%.
• Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem solving.
• Extensive experience in troubleshooting faults in BOP Systems
• Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets.
• Ability to solicit and utilize 360° input, get buy-in, and, at times, be able to make decisions alone with the commensurate degree of urgency while maintaining an overall sense of ownership and teamwork within the organization.
• Decisions regularly affect the achievement of plant objectives, efficiency, morale, and financial performance.
• Computerized maintenance management system experience
• Plant and turbine digital control systems experience
• Boiler and Cooling Tower water chemistry knowledge and experience
• Environmental regulations and compliance reporting experience
• Experience negotiating with contractors, OEM’s, vendors, consultants and Suppliers with regard to items of warrantee, contract administration, punch-list management and project management.
Our Selection Process
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com
Process Analysis (Business)