3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Mechanic position at the Elkhart facility. We are looking for a highly driven individual perform a variety of industrial maintenance activities within a fast paced manufacturing facility. Additionally, you will…
- Seek opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within the maintenance department
- Perform maintenance tasks according to production needs to minimize downtime
- Perform maintenance operations using the tools and equipment of several trades, such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, electronics, machinist welding, etc.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Install and aligning new equipment; diagnosing, dismantling, repairing, reassembling and adjusting machinery- Machine and assembling parts for new machines, jigs and fixtures
What it takes
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3 years work experience in industrial maintenance
- Strong working knowledge of single and three phase electrical circuitry with an ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Experience performing all position arc and wire feed welding on steel and aluminum
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, water and natural gas plumbing
- Experience with mills/lathes
- Basic carpentry skills
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- A degree in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.