To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technology & Innovation Lead
Apex Systems • Columbus, OH
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*If you are interested in applying please contact Cassie Savely: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] 614-467-4200
Title: Innovation and Technology Lead
Location: Columbus, OH
Direct Hire Position
Apex Systems is currently seeking an Innovation and Technology Lead for our client in Columbus, OH. This is a direct hire position. This role will be a key team member on the Enterprise Innovation & Technology Team with a focus on new technologies and concepts pertaining to the fields of distributed energy resources (distributed generation, energy storage, etc.) and microgrids. The primary focus is the distributed energy area, as well as the candidate will be expected to support other inflight innovation concepts. This position will provide technical input for the development of business strategies, analyze market opportunities, and lead the integration of these technologies into an evolving portfolio of future products and services.
- You will perform the processes of innovation and technology including supporting the execution of the innovation framework, future strategy, ideation, incubation, commercialization, and tracking of technologies for future development/ investment.
- A successful candidate for this position will have a strong technical background paired with an in-depth understanding of lean start up and agile methodologies. This position will provide a high degree of customer service and building strong internal and external relationships to deliver products, services, and business models that our customers value. This position will require an understanding of the current value streams of an energy utility, including generation, transmission, distribution and its support organizations. It will also require some knowledge of the regulatory process, how a regulated utility receives recovery for its investments and the deregulated business.
- The successful candidate should have characteristics that include an intuition for technological advancement, a passion for inspiring others, the desire to work on collaborative teams to deliver solutions that captivate, and a calling to serve the customer, community, and environment.
- The individual will assist in the development of conceptual designs, technical & commercial reviews, generating project pro-forma and identifying innovative business opportunities. This position is critical in performing the core functions of developing and deploying new technologies to meet the goals of our customers
- Manage assigned portions of the enterprise innovation portfolio. Responsible for leading cross-functional teams through the innovation process of commercializing new offerings, with focus on evaluating and identifying new business opportunities, and working to develop business models for future products and services. Ensuring timely agile completion of assigned strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously.
- Support Innovation & Technology Manager in benchmarking, scouting and standardizing market research methods for novel ideas and insights; strategic innovation, promoting open innovation and introducing group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Assist business units in strategic and new product/ service initiatives. Building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships including operating company and primary business segment leadership. Provide methodology expertise, facilitate innovation engagements across the corporation and support business unit leaders in 'raising the bar' of their core business aspirations. Work with business unit leaders to validate products and services with our customers. Lead engagements for employees and external stakeholders that demonstrate the capabilities of technologies that will be used in the energy industry.
- Execute and improve workflows within the innovation framework. Manage a team of entrepreneurs, technology experts, and external resources to continuously mature assigned portions of the innovation portfolio. Execute the innovation processes for ideation, incubation, acceleration, and commercialization. Operate within a system that rewards risk taking, learning, and successful offering development.
- Manage system to measure innovation portfolio. Use innovation appropriate key performance indicators (KPI) to mature assigned portions of the portfolio and bring value to the customer as well as the company. Establish project relevant KPIs that will signal success or failure. Manage process in a way that incentivizes and promotes learning, pivoting based on customer input and quickly terminating projects that aren't efficiently producing value.
- Inspire, lead, and influence business unit leaders, cross-functional teams, internal stakeholders and customers to build and maintain the organization's capability to innovate. Promote an Intrapreneurial spirit and mindset among all employees.
- Ensure target zero in safety, health & environmental. Lead the work group and ensure that all innovation and technology applicable policies, procedures, and regulations are followed. Additionally, ensure that all activities are accomplished according to written policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree, Graduate degree preferred.
(7+) years of experience in one or a mixture of energy, technology, market strategy, entrepreneurship, and/or business consulting. Experience with leading change and continuous improvement management.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178