Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established defense contracting company headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Joint Space and Strategic Capabilities Group provides engineering services and analytic support to Combatant Commands, the Air Force, and allied clients. Our work includes developing approaches and concepts to meet emerging, high priority national defense needs, and assessment and development of cutting-edge technologies and capabilities to meet those needs.
SPA is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to support the United States Air Force (USAF) Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) System Program Office (SPO), Support Systems Division, located in Ogden, Utah. GBSD is an enormous and complex \u201cMega-Project\u201d modernizing the entire Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system deployed across tens of thousands of square miles in five states. Without a doubt, GBSD is one of the DoD's most important acquisition efforts for the next decade, if not longer. It includes a complete refurbishment of hundreds of aging Minuteman III ICBM facilities to secure and support a newly designed, technologically advanced ballistic missile. We are looking for someone with technical engineering knowledge and experience, proficient in working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task with minimal disruption.#CJ #IN123Responsibilities
The Support Systems Division is a critical function of the GBSD program and includes such weapon systems components as multiple GBSD training simulators. ICBM transportation vehicles, rocket motor and guidance support equipment, and Launch System Equipment. Daily responsibilities include teaming with the GBSD Government and Integrated Support Contract group in the creation, review, and assessment of documents, drawings, briefings, engineering analysis, and various other tasks in support of the deployment of the GBSD weapon system. The ideal candidate can apply extensive engineering knowledge to ensure and advance principles, theories, concepts, practices, and techniques; ensure accuracy and completeness of content, recommending corrective actions. The candidate will support program and technical briefings and produce reports and other related documentation. He or she will also plan, coordinate, execute, and complete tasks related to engineering processes, protocols, and implementation for the GBSD SPO.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, or a related technical field. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred.
- 7 years (5 with MS degree) of progressive experience in systems design, integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes.
- Excellent cognitive, communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills.
- U.S. Citizenship with an active US DoD SECRET Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years with the ability to achieve and maintain a US DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Department of Defense projects, DoD Acquisition Lifecycle, and/or ICBM weapon system.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
- Digital Engineering Environment/Platform experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance.