To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Davenport, FL 33837
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nursing Supervisor – Nursing General – Kissimmee – Nights – Per Diem
Florida Hospital • Davenport, FL
Posted 3 days ago
Organization: Nursing Management
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2018, 1:05:53 PM
RN Supervisor –Nursing General – Kissimmee – Nights – Per Diem
Florida Hospital Kissimmee seeks to hire a Nursing Supervisor who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney World. The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties. Florida Hospital Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance.
Flex - 2/12's to include weekends and holidays; 7p-7a
The Nursing Supervisor is a registered professional nurse who practices autonomously within the framework of hospital policy and procedure, professional nursing standards and Florida State Nurse Practice Act with the global shift responsibility for overseeing safe care to the adult, adolescent, pediatric, and infant patient care and patient related services for an assigned portion of the hospital. They support and model our mission, vision, and values as they supervise FH employees. They adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. The Nursing Supervisor collaborates with the interdisciplinary members of the health care team to enhance patient care planning and patient outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Broad knowledge of the healthcare environment
- Effective communication skills and relationship building skills
- Leadership, critical thinking and clinical practice knowledge
- Effectiveness and efficiency in meeting administrative responsibilities, fiscal responsibility and professionalism
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. If certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS and/or PALS) within 6 months of accepting the position. If certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained by 90 day evaluation.
- Associate of Science degree in Nursing (ASN) or diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of two years staff nurse experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Masters of Science degree in Nursing (MSN). (Preferred)
- Completion of courses in leadership, management and/or legal and organizational leadership (Preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ leadership experience as an Assistant Nurse Manager and/or Nurse Manager or equivalent (i.e. Charge Nurse, chair Nursing Practice Council, CN3, CN4) (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current, valid Florida State Board of Nursing registered professional nurse license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- ACLS certification
- Certification in specialty area (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- ROUNDING/COVERAGE: Rounds and assesses patient care units as often as necessary, but at least once per shift, to ascertain the condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and provide on-site support to caregivers. Functions as a patient care expert by advising and directing nursing personnel and appropriately responding in Code Blue situations and other clinical emergencies. Collaborates and communicates with all departments regarding operational issues.
- CAPACITY/STAFFING: Acts as liaison and facilitator for the process of patient movement and bed assignment to the Bed Management department, Emergency Transfer Center (ETC), nursing units and ancillary departments. Promotes cost effective management of staffing, equipment and supplies.
- OFF-SHIFT REPRESENTATIVE: Functions as the Nursing Administration/ Executive Offices representative on the off-shift by authorizing consent or treatment during the admission process and emergency in cases where a defined protocol exists. Serves as arbitrator for personnel grievances and problems referred by the charge RN/ANM/NM and provides documentation to the NM or appropriate person. Functions as initial on-site incident commander for internal/external disasters.
- ASSISTANCE IN EVENTS: Provides direction, assistance and collaborates with hospital leadership in significant events, including response to organizational codes, system downtimes (phone, Electronic Medical Record [EMR], other), critical events and service recovery of and investigation into patient/visitor/physician/staff complaints.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, visitors, staff and leadership. Acts as an effective facilitator of communication for 1) department to department, 2) With physicians 3) With and for administration and 4) For families, patients and staff. Keeps campus leader on call informed of any situations or circumstances that may be unusual or have serious impact on hospital operations.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date and incorporates changes in practice. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the hospital. Exhibits desire and ability to learn, teach, coach and advance nursing and leadership skills.
- LEAD SUPERVISOR ONLY: Directs and provides supervision of Nursing Supervisors and others as assigned by monitoring performance, education requirements, required work hours, coaching, counseling, discipline and relationships with departments, staff and leadership.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN Supervisor opportunity with Kissimmee and apply online today.
Nursing Supervisor, RN Supervisor, Supervisor, Kissimmee