To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elk Grove, CA
- Elk Grove Driver 92
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MV Transportation • Elk Grove, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Now Hiring BUS OPERATORS
We want YOU to join our TEAM!
Don't miss this OPPORTUNITY to start your career with MV Transportation!
MV Transportation is seeking part-time (to full-time) Bus Operators who are experienced in both FIXED ROUTE and PARATRANSIT operations, as well as, those interested in launching a DRIVING CAREER.
The Paratransit/Fixed Route Bus Operator is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Bus Operator is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation. Although experience is preferred, all applicants are welcome. This also includes PAID Training!
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME
Interviews conducted on a continual basis!
Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
Location: 10250 Iron Rock Way, Suite 200, Elk Grove, CA 95624
Questions? Please call Gerry at 916-687-3089
- Must possess an attitude of Safety.
- Must possess EXCELLENT Customer Service skills and a strong desire to work with the public.
- Ability and desire to operate 26, 35 and 40 foot buses to multiple locations.
- Employ all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk of preventable and non-preventable accidents and/or passenger injuries.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to passengers, self or other employees.
- Professional demeanor and appearance is required.
- Reliable in attendance accompanied by a positive attitude.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
- Properly document all activities in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Successfully perform scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a specific time frame.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints as required.
- Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
- Communicate effectively with dispatch via two way radio.
- Ability to call out stop locations clearly and articulately to passengers on the bus.
- Ability to adjust to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
- Provide excellent assistance in boarding and de-boarding of passengers, supply route information, and respond appropriately in the event of emergency.
- Accurately collect and reconcile cash fares collected from customers.
- Lift up to 10 pounds, push/pull up to 250 pounds (person in a wheel chair).
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.