What You Will Do:
Required competency in chemisty. Seeking part-time MLT, MT or MLS
Located just south of Baltimore, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center offers nationally recognized specialty services. Grow your career as part of our innovative, committed community. What You Need to Be Successful:
For Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Technologist:
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology, or chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year training / experience in high complexity testing.
- Registered as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) or equivalent registry required.
- Knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation required.
- Proficient communication skills required.
- Ability to read and perform basic mathematical calculations.
For Medical Lab Technician:
- A.A. degree from a school of Medical Lab Technician approved by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. OR High School diploma with courses in basic science plus one year of training in a school approved by the Board of Certified Laboratory Assistants or, graduation from a Military Laboratory Technician school after 12 months of internship.
- Also included are those individuals with sufficient college credits to qualify as a student for a school of Medical Technology with credentials approved by the Board of Registry of ASCP.
- Knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation required. Proficient communication skills required. Ability to read and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Prior laboratory experience is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.