To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alcoa, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer Specialist - Process & Reliability
Arconic • Alcoa, TN
Posted 22 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arconic has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Specialist to work with Arconic’s Global Rolled Products (GRP) Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering - Center of Excellence (COE). The GRP CoE group is responsible for equipment reliability improvement, process improvement, equipment troubleshooting and upgrade support, automation and smart manufacturing, standard practice implementation, and major capital projects. The home of the group and the ideal location for the incumbent is based 20 miles outside of Knoxville, TN, but the internal applicants may also choose to be based in Lancaster, PA or Davenport, IA.
The Mechanical Engineering Specialist will provide expert consulting service, advice, and on-site support for Arconic’s GRP COE in the areas of equipment and process reliability.
This is a key role in the global Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering organization within the Global Rolled Products (GRP) business group of Arconic Inc. This business group has several domestic and international locations, with various manufacturing facilities the Mechanical Engineering Specialist will support. The incumbent will be required to act with a high degree of autonomy in the performance of assignments.
- Solve difficult equipment and process problems for all Arconic’s Global Rolled Products locations.
- Advise/counsel on failure analysis; Participate in problem solving teams, identification of root cause and solutions. Organize support from other resources.
- Lead technical input of problem solving teams for and provide assistance in identifying improvement opportunities and facilitating technology transfer.
- Optimization of rolling and strip finishing equipment for improving quality, reliability, and throughput
- Provide technical direction and review for large capital projects.
- Relied upon by plant resources for advice, direction, and estimates for capital and process solutions.
- Provide installation, commissioning and startup support for major capital projects
- Provide technical direction and support for execution of major equipment outages.
- Sponsor, participate and lead equipment development projects
- Conduct technical assessments of facilities or individual pieces of equipment.
- Maintain a working relationship with suppliers of major process equipment and be knowledgeable of the most recent developments in all aspects of rolling and finishing processes and equipment.
- Work with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and Loss Prevention specialist on major incidents associated with equipment and processes, providing technical support to the root cause, recovery and preventative actions.
- Continuously benchmarking, identifying and developing strategies to globally deploy reliability excellence
- Provide knowledge base and advanced technical training to enable thorough understanding of the equipment and its effect on utilization, process and product quality.
Note: This position would require the availability to travel at least 25-50% of the time (peaks will be higher)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a metals manufacturing environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced degree
- Willingness to travel 25%-50% of the time
- 15 years’ experience in metals manufacturing, with experience of working on rolling processes in a mechanical engineering position.
- Experience working on capital projects: project management, engineering, installation and commissioning would be an advantage.
Job ID: 18001949
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.