Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Director, Fleet Product Development
Sunbelt’s Director, Fleet Product Development is equipped for success so we can make it happen for our customers.
The Rental Product Development Director for Sunbelt Rentals leads the ongoing expansion of our product offering across the enterprise. This leader will work to bring innovative and new products to the equipment rental marketplace. In partnership with the business the successful candidate will drive rental penetration through the adoption of new rental products. Program objectives will be to produce increases in customer productivity and internal return on investments through new and existing fleet opportunities.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for profitable growth by optimizing existing and new fleet opportunities.
- Leads go to market strategy for newly introduced rental products through concept, development, implementation, and introduction
- Collaborates with operations, sales, and marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, including product positioning and target customers
- Works with operational management, sales, and marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, incl. product positioning, preferred suppliers, and target customers.
- Lead team of product development professionals to:
- Manage product development projects from concept through launch ensuring key deliverables, budgets and timelines are achieved
- Set, analyze, maintain, and communicate performance of project KPI’s
- Capture and interpret Voice-Of-Customer feedback and use to maximize product launch success
- Using historical data and performance, develop and maintain continuous improvement plans to ensure that product development objectives are achieved
- Models leadership and key behaviors of successful collaboration by
- Providing indirect leadership to cross-functional, cross-operational teams charged with a financial contribution of individual business units.
- Assist in supporting the entire product-line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities such as rental operations, retail sales, and support of the product line, disposal planning and capital planning.
- Assists in setting long term strategic fleet plan direction utilizing company performance, market research and competitive analysis information.
- Proactively maintains current, relevant industry knowledge necessary to understand the market and customer problems, source innovative solutions for the broader market, and support the business case analysis to support product investment decisions.
- Assist with the development of manufacturer specifications and content, marketing material, and promotions to drive specific product penetration.
- Provide significant leadership in problem solving to address concerns from internal and external customers
- Proactively acquires and maintains a broad understanding of markets and customers and works with the sales team to maintain this intelligence
Other responsibilities include:
- Work with the sales and marketing team to identify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and suppliers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study plus 5-8 years of capital sourcing experience, either from an equipment fleet management or manufacturer perspective.
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- CEM, CEFM EMS,or CPM accreditation preferred.
- Familiarity with the construction capital equipment marketplace, either from an equipment fleet management or manufacturer perspective.
- A strategic view of the total supply chain, which encompasses capital equipment and lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated leadership in internal and external functions, with proven results in total cost of ownership reduction and process efficiency improvement.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills; comfortable in dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to manage and analyze existing contracts and identify spend reduction, spend leveraging and other opportunities to maximize equipment utility.
- Project management experience
- Ability to articulate and frame issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to affect positive change and to deliver results in a complex organization.
- Strong analytical capabilities necessary to assess the short and long term requirements and needs of the business.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring of a team of members who may or may not report to this position within the organization (i.e. matrix management).
- Leading and developing a team of professionals
- In-depth knowledge of product management and market development experience
- Strong working knowledge of equipment distribution channel pricing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects to a successful end while working under tight time deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Product Line Management and Project Management work experience a strong asset
- Knowledge in construction, facility management, power products, or industrial equipment a strong asset
Safety is key to our culture: The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace: Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Columbia, SC Notification: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Business Process Improvement
- Capital Budgeting
- Case Analysis
- Coaching And Mentoring