The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services & Products Company. Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of ClearSpan Structures and GrowSpan Greenhouses.
We are expanding our merchandising department and have an immediate opening for a merchandiser. We are looking for dedicated hard workers who are willing and able to contribute to the growth and success of ESAPCO.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for planning, merchandising and managing multiple categories of merchandise to achieve/exceed the company’s planned sales and gross margin goals for those categories. A successful candidate must be a self starter with keen negotiations and analytical skills. They must be able to work well within a team environment and work cross-functionally with our procurement department in Iowa.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Continual development of industry and brand knowledge. Analyze historical and industry data/trends to identify opportunities and anticipate consumer buying patterns. Monitor market changes, competitor pricing and products.
- Identify new product opportunities (brand, categories, items, etc.) that meet the Company’s merchandise strategies and growth goals.
- Build relationships with and work with existing suppliers to fill gaps in product lines and bring on new opportunities.
- Help develop a supplier base capable of achieving our customers’ desired level of quality while meeting our Company’s value, quality, delivery, and flexibility requirements and ensure the integrity of such suppliers.
- Drive vendor/category/product results through merchandise management including product promotion, up sell & cross sell opportunities, online and print presentations, marketing and research.
- Establish retail price for all product selections to optimize gross margin opportunities for each product classification and establishing vendor and product specific promotions. Prepare price point analyses and ensure that pricing is competitive and commensurate with brand strategy.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments: Data & Content for product updates, images, and Product training
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure new products are launched on-time and flow through the system from inception through sale.
- Some travel to regional and national tradeshows required.
- Candidate must be driven, enthusiastic and have the desire to succeed!
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Accurate, timely and effective purchasing skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people from all levels within a corporation.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
- International vendor experience a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Internet and other computer systems, including MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, educational assistance, and product discounts.
- Brand Awareness