Our client, International Drilling Equipment (IDE), is looking for experienced field technicians to join their team! The Field Service Technician reports to the service field manager and is responsible for the effective repair of machine components in the field, at high levels of quality. This individual must work independent of direct supervision in a field environment.
This position has responsibility for:
- Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as assigned by the field foreman.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per guidelines
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairs.
- All record keeping methods are followed per instructions
- All cost-related items are included in the job
- Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with established methods
- Report all record keeping daily from the field, even when not returning to the company daily.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
- All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before being returned
- All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working condition
- Maintain the field vehicle in a manner aimed at ensuring proper operations and condition
- Maintain the field vehicle in a clean and cosmetically pleasing manner as per guidelines
- Maintain personal appearance in a professional and neat condition
- Communicate with others professionally.
- All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and Honesty
- All communications with co-workers is conducted following the “golden rule”
- Ensure that communications is done clearly and calmly
- Perform diagnostic inspections as directed.
- All field work requires repair determination, by the technician, once at the machine
- Any inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelines.
- Enforces all policies and procedures as specified in the company manuals.
- Maintains high employee morale.
- Maintains excellent customer and employee relations.
- All inspections are completed with the cause of failure identified
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all of the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, coworkers and manufacturers employees.
Education/Training/Experience for Field Technicians:
- A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs.
General skill requisites:
M echanical skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Good, safe work habits.
Specific skill requisites:
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions.
- Diagnostic skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a pleasing personality with a sales aptitude
- Construction Equipment Technician
- Construction Technician
- Diagnostic Skills
- Equipment Technician