To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30328
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Development Manager - Atlanta, GA
Oldcastle Architectural • Atlanta, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Job ID: 124113
Oldcastle Architectural Products (APG) is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. Additional strong national positions are also found in packaged lawn and garden products. The business produces and markets brands you know such as Belgard® hardscapes and Sakrete® cement mixes. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The Manager of Corporate Development will work as a member of the leadership team of Oldcastle Architectural, supporting the Vice President of Corporate Development on acquisitions, major capital expenditures, greenfield sites and other key projects and strategic initiatives. Since Oldcastle’s inception, acquisitions and other strategic investments have been a key driver of growth for the company. This position will work in close cooperation with senior operating management, while playing a critical role in driving value for Oldcastle Architectural. The Corporate Development function continues to be an integral means of attracting and cultivating future business leaders of the organization.
- Assisting the Vice President in managing the end-to-end acquisition process, including business assessment, valuation, contract negotiation, integration planning and post-closing issue resolution
- Managing the due diligence process
- Assisting in the planning and deployment of major capital expenditures, greenfield sites and other key projects and strategic initiatives
- Analyzing markets and growth opportunities (internal and external)
- Collaborating with members of the senior leadership team on cross-functional projects
- Assisting in the development of the long-term strategic plan for Oldcastle Architectural
- Drafting proposals, presentations and other deliverables to senior leadership in support of acquisitions, investments and other strategic initiatives
- Acting as a thought partner for senior leaders who seek input on key decisions
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with corporate development, investment banking, consulting or private equity experience highly preferred
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, with particular strengths in the areas of financial modeling, assessing business risk and displaying the ingenuity and tenacity to successfully close deals
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Negotiation, project management and deal execution skills
- A strong action orientation and drive for results with sense of urgency
- Excellent oral / written communication, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills
- Comfort operating in ambiguous environments
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams simultaneously
- Strategic thinking and forecasting ability
- Organizing and planning skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.