To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Engineer 2, Engineering Operations
Comcast • Mount Laurel, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for operating, deploying, managing, and continuously improving Comcast's Voice, Video, Commercial, Data, Home Security, Systems, and Network services as well as associated infrastructure in a 7/24 environment. Examples of infrastructure include, but are not limited to: core routers, switches, optical transport, applications, servers. Position focuses on maintaining core network availability, deploying and stabilizing code, technologies, services, networks, systems, tools and driving standardization, automation, and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise, resolves complex break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; partners with/leads engineering, vendors, and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Serves as high-tier operations support for various field, CARE, vendors, and customer-focused organizations. Contributes to command and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies, when necessary, to address issues across the environment. Works with limited supervision and direction while executing associated functions and responsibilities. Follows operational practices and independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions. Receives general direction in areas of focus. Serves as team lead on projects.
- Skills in Areas of Focus: NETWORK- Converged multiplatform Network including Juniper and Cisco Routers, Arista, associated protocols, advanced troubleshooting, protocols, ISIS, BGP, multi and uni-caste, MPLS, IP management, and sparing. Cisco , Ciena, Juniper, Arista Layers 1, 2, 3, ENS, and associated services, Video, CBH, HSD, Voice.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and interior/exterior routing protocols (e.g. ARP, IP, TCP, ISIS, BGP, OSPF, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, IPv6 & DHCP).
- Understanding and ability to use Python and Pearl
- In-depth knowledge of IP implementations, including QoS, Layer 2/3 environments
- Performs a variety of complex analytical duties in the planning, deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast's network, products, and services including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform, Voice, Data, Commercial, Systems, and Video platform. Works closely with engineering, vendors, and field to identify and drive improvements across the topology.
- Develops, produces, and reviews of documentation, instructional, and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize to resolve problems or make network improvements. Examples include: complex processes for acceptance of new products (i.e. cable modems, systems,) testing such as operational readiness, tools focused on automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all of the Core tools and alarms; analyzes systems needs and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios; implements code changes and suggests improvements. Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network and services to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and impairments. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related resources are properly maintained. Provides subject matter expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems, focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and stabilizing products following established change management processes. Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with standards.
- Accountable for understanding and managing services across complex ecosystems, cutting across multiple technologies, organizations, and solutions. Requires detailed understanding of interdependencies/intradependences. Accountable for providing technical assessment of changes across ecosystems to ensure resolving potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter- related vertical systems. Develops and reports on metrics on Network availability and compliance.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and breadth across two to three major ecosystems/technologies requiring technical competency, advanced training, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Leverages engineering methodologies is specific areas of focus. Provides training and coaching to peers, service desks and more junior engineering operations staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIP
- Years Experience: Generally requires 2-5years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.