Hourly, 3rd shift
The primary function of this position is to perform general maintenance to machinery and equipment engaged in the manufacture of high-pressure gas cylinders as well as general repairs for the facility. The Maintenance Technician will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine facility maintenance as well as special projects. The Maintenance Technician will safely carry out their work while following company process and procedures, equipment manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications as required. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting repairs and maintenance the plant's production and facilities equipment, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
The main activities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair Mechanical/electrical/electronic failures of production equipment such as composite wrapping machines, presses, both conventional and CNC machines, & miscellaneous equipment.
- Perform scheduled and preventive maintenance of equipment, machinery, and structures using blueprints, diagrams, manuals and written instructions while adhering to safety guidelines to ensure equipment is working so that efficient operations are maintained.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions, using blueprints, manuals and written instructions. Construct, install or repair equipment in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and repair manuals.
- Perform general maintenance in the maintenance of the building and grounds', ensuring that maintenance is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform mechanical repair and mechanical rebuilding using tools of the trade.
- Perform repairs to hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical machinery and equipment.
- Set-up all general machines and supporting equipment as assigned. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, wrapping machines, hydrostatic tester, gas cure ovens, and pneumatic sanding equipment, etc.
- Perform routine set-up and maintenance work as required.
- Accountable for correctly reporting and recording data as required in CMMS.
- Do other job related routine tasks as required including handling of materials and general housekeeping.
- Perform general facility maintenance tasks.
- Assist in the on-the-job training assignments.
- Work from Blue Prints and/or mechanical drawings.
- Work with grinders, cut off saws, handsaws and drill presses.
- Work safely and maintain sanitary work environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to sub-contractors and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment described here is representative of that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to accommodate on-call responsibilities and work overtime when needed to support production.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED (general education degree) required. At least five (5) years of experience or more with progressively responsible experience in electrical/mechanical maintenance preferably in a manufacturing environment. Hydraulic Power Systems experience desired. Must be able to utilize the computer systems used by the facility including Microsoft Office and MP2. Have a working understanding of OSHA regulations specifically the handling of hazardous materials. Experience working, troubleshooting and repairing PLCs and other computer based control systems highly preferred. Strong safety, quality and teamwork orientation with a track record of dependability. Able to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics. Possess a range of skills including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics. Operate various tools and equipment such as a lathe, drill press, etc. to make repairs and/or fabricate simple parts.
Production Equipment Controls