Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health, and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career.Responsibilities
In your role as Maintenance Mechanic you will be part of our success by:
- Complying with employee safety policies, GMP, OSHA Safety and Health rules as well as food safety policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the maintenance shop and production floor in accordance with GMP's, plant policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain a high sanitation level and monitor for cross contamination.
- Perform duties to maintain, diagnose, rebuild, and redesign plant equipment to drive better performance of plant machinery by using preventive and predictive techniques with minimal supervision.
- Using problems solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate maintenance issues.
- Collaborating with Maintenance Planners to scope, kit, and execute maintenance plan.
- Using SAP to issue work requests, complete work with feedback, time, parts, and comments.
- Perform repairs and rebuilds of machinery and subassemblies, make adjustments and improvements as appropriate.
- Monitor all safety rules, regulation, and communicate any concerns or issues to Shift Supervisor/Manager who will enforce.
- Maintain close working relationship with all assigned line personnel and Management Staff.
- Will assume additional responsibilities/duties as designated and/or assigned by Supervision.
- Ensure the next shift has been set up according to line standards and shift activities are cascaded down.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Two year Associate Degree in a Technical Field or closely related discipline preferred.
- Two to three years experience in an industrial plant environment as a Maintenance Technician is preferred.
- Four year Technical Degree is preferred.
- Be a communicator (must be able to communicate with all Departments and with all levels of Management). Be proactive, motivating, and organized. Must have the ability to multi-task.
- APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE MECHANICAL CONCEPTS.
- Must be able to lift over fifty pounds.
Coaching And Mentoring
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2017-3922
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.