The Medical Staff Secretary will be responsible for providing a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties to assist with the planning/management/ coordination of the department's overall objective. Position is characterized by the need for initiative and the ability to problem solve. Position is characterized by the ability to prioritize and organize multiple assignments. Must be able to tactfully and effectively communicate hospital policies and procedures, medical staff policies, bylaws, rules and regulations to physicians, executives, patients, and other individuals both within and outside the hospital.
1. Two years of secretarial experience.
2. Successful completion of a course in medical terminology.
3. Previous experience in meeting minute preparation.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of business correspondence.
5. Must be able to prioritize and organize.
6. Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers and word processing, database, and spreadsheet software programs.
7. Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy.
License/Certification Requirements: No
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No
- Business Correspondence
- Medical Terminology