Position at HNI Corporation HNI Corporation
is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.What we need:
We are adding a Paralegal
with products liability and contracts experience to our team in Lakeville, MN
! This is a hybrid position that will work from out Hearth and Home offices three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).What you'll do:Litigation Management
- Conduct initial assessment of product liability claims including responding to subrogation notices and assigning an investigator.
- Oversee fact gathering as well as document production and retention.
- Assist in assessment activities including evaluating inspection findings, responding to insurance carriers and third parties, and preparing claims for early resolution.
- Support outside counsel with the preparation of pleadings.
- Participate in the discovery phase of litigation, including preparing responses, assisting internal clients with determining the scope of responsive documents, and compiling and organizing relevant information.
- Monitor open product liability matters in a centralized case management system (Serengeti).
- Issue litigation hold notices; monitor acceptance and compliance.
- Communicate with outside counsel to monitor the status of litigation, expenses, and case value.
- Provide guidance to internal clients regarding consumer issues, including incident report handling, resolution, and reporting.
What you have:
- Collaborate with members of the legal team and internal clients to draft, review, structure and finalize contracts.
- Assist as needed on commercial matters.
- Assist with special projects as appropriate.
What else you have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Paralegal Certificate
- 6+ years of paralegal experience working in legal department, law firm or public sector position in areas of claims handling, litigation, and/or contract management
- Working knowledge with case management software (Serengeti preferred)
- An Associate's Degree
- 4+ years of legal assistant/paralegal experience working in legal department or law firm in the areas of litigation and/or contract management
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple matters
- Ability to work independently and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to engage in fact-based problem solving and think critically
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Self-starter with the ability to identify when to act independently and when to seek supervisor authorization
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Paralegal (In-House), Product Liability Litigation and Contracts
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Paralegal (In-House), Product Liability Litigation and Contracts
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at
or via email at [email protected] The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
- Attention To Detail
- Case Management Systems
- Claim Processing
- Contract Management
- Document Production