To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
900 23rd Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20037
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SR PATIENT CARE TECH (full-time) Med-Surg
UHS - George Washington University Hospital • Washington, DC
Posted 29 days ago
The George Washington University Hospital
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
GW Hospital is jointly owned and operated by George Washington University and a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the nation's largest healthcare management companies. The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), adjacent to the hospital, is the 11th oldest medical center in the country and the first in the nation’s capital.
The mission of GW Hospital is to provide the highest quality healthcare, advanced medical technology, and world-class service to its patients in an academic medical center dedicated to education and research.
Sr. Patient Care Technician
Performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Position provides direct patient care limited to non-invasive procedures, unless specifically certified in phlebotomy.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- At least six months of recent Hospital, long-term care, or medical work experience, which provided knowledge of basic patient-care activities related to Multi-skilled technician duties
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant Course, two years of nursing school, or other recent comparable education and job experience as stated in the MST Comparable Education Policy
- BLS (current upon hire)
- Patient Care Tech (PCT) for at least two (2) years with one (1) being at The George Washington University Hospital.
- Fundamental computer skills and keyboard familiarity
- Able to speak and write English Fluently
- Demonstrated communication, organization and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Teamwork attitude
- Leader among peers
- Effective communicator
- Able to implement and/or support process improvement initiatives
- Self motivated
- Certified in ultrasound guide Peripheral IV Insertion
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.