To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate Principal, Consulting Services – Launch (Brand & Commercial Strategy)
IQVIA • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Principal – LAUNCH (Brand & Commercial Strategy)
Location: San Francisco or New York City
IQVIA has been delivering management consulting services to the biopharma industry for over 13 years. It is our sole focus on life sciences, deep expertise in key commercial areas, unique access to proprietary data, and in-market presence around the world that allows us truly live up to our mission of making a positive long-term impact on healthcare.
IQVIA Consulting Services is the world’s leading, specialized advisor on critical business issues in the life sciences. They are the management consulting arm of IQVIA, a leading provider of information, services and technology for the healthcare industry in 100+ countries around the world. Our Consulting Services teams offer end-to-end management consulting in key issues areas that include: business unit, therapy area and brand strategy, portfolio strategy, launch strategy, pricing & market access studies and commercial model design and optimization.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Associate Principal in the Launch (B&CS) Group, you will be responsible for managing or leading multiple consulting projects and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries by:
- Managing project teams including both internal and external resources in the design, development and delivery of client deliverables
- Leveraging business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions
- Serving as key point of contact with client
- Providing follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensuring clear communication throughout projects and within the team
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Managing the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity
- Developing and/or elevating new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads.
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training
- Providing direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams. Direct consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings
- Providing high level input to, and ensures the development of, client reports and presentations and delivery of all or significant portions of findings to client
- Sharing subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
- Leading ad hoc work streams on critical people-related issues such as recruitment, learning and development
Candidates interested in joining the Consulting Services Launch Center of Excellence as an Associate Principal should have:
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- 5-8 years professional experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- Minimum of 2-3 years project experience focused on product launch and commercialization strategy
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams and leading staff
- Experience in developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, development of proposals etc
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining Consulting Services as an Associate Principal should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, graduate degree or MBA not required but a plus
- A track record of leadership and people development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A willingness and ability to travel
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1031384