We are supporting one of the key players in the SMR (small modular reactor) market. They are seeking a Project Specialist, Procurement to support the design development for advanced Gen IV reactors. Can work 100% remote. 1 year+ contract.
- Develop procurement specifications as necessary to communicate supplier technical work scope. Work scope may include systems/sub-systems, equipment, components, materials, and processes.
- Develop statements of work (SOW) and project planning to execute supplier projects to meet program objectives.
- Support supplier selection activities with requests for proposals (RFPs) and team review/selection processes.
- Provide direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables.
- Coordinate Natrium technical review process of supplier deliverables and ensure appropriate responses.
- Manage technical interfaces between supplier projects and interfacing projects/activities within Natrium.
- Provide support to contract administration and commercial activities as needed to implement projects.
- Maintain awareness of supplier technical capabilities, organization changes and relationships to ensure positive feedback to Natrium.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- 8-10 years’ experience developing requirements specifications, defining supplier technical work scope to include development of SOWs, RFPs and providing direction and oversight of supplier projects.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience relevant to power plant mechanical systems and/or electrical (I&C and Power) systems.
- Demonstrated skills in the technical direction of suppliers and in supporting contractual/commercial aspects of customer/supplier relationships.
- Experience in the nuclear field is a plus.
- Experience in a fabrication facility setting with understanding of travelers and welding processes an asset.
- Previous experience in technical interface with engineering groups for review and input to supplier activities.
- Must have experience in writing statements of work, specifications for procurement, testing and manufacturing/fabrication.
- Must have experience with project controls and organization along with tools and processes to support the same.
- A broad understanding of the various engineering disciplines and how they interrelate is important.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5% initially but increasing as supplier oversight requires.
- Contract Management
- Implement Projects
- Mechanical Systems
- Nuclear Power
- Occupational Safety And Health