To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Regional Vice President
Compassus • Brentwood, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. The Regional Vice President plans, directs, and controls activities of the division to accomplish budgeted financial and patient care objectives. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- Develops and maintains business plans to effectively operate the business focusing on all pillars of the organization.
- Provides input to the development of Company strategy.
- Establishes control standards, develops budget and cost controls for areas of responsibility.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of responsibility within the region.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Trains and ensures all assigned Colleagues are aware of and comply with company, government, and patient policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assure state and federal regulatory compliance applicable to hospice and reimbursement issues.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Continually monitors clinical management and provides direction/redirection as necessary.
- Works with all members of the medical community to promote hospice care services.
- Recruits, hires, orients, assigns, evaluates and guides staff positions to meet agency and patient needs.
- Ensures delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Executive Directors within the assigned Region. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Colleagues; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in healthcare, management or business related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of ten years of progressive management experience including a minimum of three years’ experience in a health care organization. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Colleagues, patients, families and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge of Federal, state, local and ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements. Knowledge of physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers. Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy. Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all personnel and patient records. Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and reliable auto transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to understand, speak, read and write English. Strong organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with agency staff, patients, families, physicians, health care providers, and the community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Colleague is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Colleague is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Colleague is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The Colleague must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.