To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Downey, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Records Staff - Brookfield Healthcare Center
Ensign Services • Downey, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Medical Records Staff (Downey)
Brookfield Healthcare Center is looking for motivated Medical Records Staff to join our team.
We are a skilled nursing facility with decades of dedication and experience serving our residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Medical Records Staff assure that medical records are maintained in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure that a complete medical records program is maintained for all residents/patients.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of the medical records.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the medical records section in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing procedures to be followed in the collection, coding and indexing, and the filing/retrieving of medical records.
- Advise the administrator on federal and state laws concerning medical records.
- Review discharge and death records, as well as records on the nursing units.
- Collect, assemble, Index, check, and file resident charts and personnel records as may be necessary.
- Ensure that incomplete records/charts are returned to nursing service for correction.
- Assist the medical records clerk in maintaining a record of authorized information taken from charts/records (i.e., type information, name of recipient, date, department, etc.).
- Ensure that registries are properly maintained for admission and discharge of residents.
- Prepare medical records for court trials as required.
- Provide written, dated, and signed reports to the administrator of each consultation visit.
- Obtain and maintain a suitable professional liability and malpractice insurance policy.
- Serve on various committees of the facility as appointed by the administrator.
- Great customer service with a smile
- TEAMWORK & a positive can do attitude
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical record technicians.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Apply Today! On Line – In Person – Call for an Appointment…
Brookfield Healthcare Center
9300 Telegraph Road
Downey, CA 90240
We use texting and email updates to notify of upcoming events.
We Live CAPLICO……
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.