MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field Engineer in the Nobleboro, ME area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Engineer will perform all aspects of OSP engineering including but not limited to engineering of line extensions for service order activity, pole replacements facility installations and facility relocation. The OSP Engineer's duties may include OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and acquiring permits and private rights-of-way. The Engineer will be familiar with OSP design and planning, construction, and have the ability to perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communications facilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of requests for service that need construction.
- Perform site evaluation for new work.
- Engineer new construction, determine pole size, measure distance for length of cable, evaluate type and size of cable, create a list of materials for the job, and ensure the standards for aerial and buried construction are being followed.
- Perform construction estimates for customers applying for service, to determine if there will be a charge associated with construction.
- Review completed construction projects.
- Coordinate activities with power companies for requests for service, pole attachments/transfer memorandums, permits, right of way, joint construction and trimming.
- Interact closely with dispatch to handle any problems with plant.
- Evaluate and solve problems associated with unsatisfactory plant reports.
- Perform projects as assigned.
- Outside Plant Experience (3-5 Years)
- An ILEC background is a plus
- Good computer skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, CAT IPTV, FTTP
- CAD System experience preferred.
- Versatility and ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and be an effective communicator.
- Must be able to analyze information, and carry processes out to completion.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Outside Plant engineering/construction experience preferred.
- Drafting experience helpful.
- Must be physically able to walk and climb on terrain not always accessible by vehicle.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to OSP Field Engineer
- Cost Benefit Analysis