To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
815 Sidney Marcus Boulevard Northeast
815 Sidney Marcus Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, GA 30324
- The Dump
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Labor / Handler
The Dump • 815 Sidney Marcus Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, GA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for all aspects of moving, opening, locating, stocking, inspecting and counting merchandise; providing administrative support and customer pick up in warehouse and store.
- Meet productivity standards
- Communicate all inventory issues to appropriate Manager
- Adhere to all safety and security regulations and report concerns to management.
- Maintain a clean, neat work area
- Ability to move furniture up to 50 lbs alone and up to 100 lbs with assistance as needed.
- Must be available to work each scheduled shift and should report to work on time.POSITION
- Possess basic knowledge of warehouse operations - ability to unpack or repack merchandise
- Detailed accounting for all transfer and delivery pack list and inventory.
- Understand and adhere to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Assist auditors and other cycle counters through proper RF gun use, system use and error reporting.
- Maintain proper flow and documentation of all merchandise moved
- Help maintain inventory records, using computer system
- Perform routine clerical functions as needed to ensure changes and records are maintained.
- Identify any merchandise that is tagged incorrectly, re-identify and make needed corrections in system.
- Ensure all in-coming product, parts, styles; fabrics, etc are correctly tagged/labeled.
- Match packing slips to all purchase orders and communicate discrepancies.
- Tag merchandise correctly and accurately with barcode labels and have manager or lead person double check for accuracy before being moved to stocking areas.
- Maintain files for all incoming product and purchase orders.
- Maintain records for all incoming/outgoing transfers, shipped RTV's and deliveries.
- Produce and distribute daily productivity and receiving logs
- Repair any defects found in merchandise using furniture touch-up techniques so as customer will be satisfied with product purchased.
- Report to Management any furniture that cannot be repaired or touched up to meet quality set forth by company standards.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 1-6 months general warehouse experience
Skills: Basic Computer knowledge; AS400 preferred.