Robert Half Finance has an immediate need for a talented Staff Accountant. In this role, you will match invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, enter data and assist with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) processes. You will work with a dynamic team in a great work space/office and have excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. The Staff Accountant position is a full-time role in the Oakbrook, Illinois, area.
What you get to do every single day
- Add financial information to journals and ledgers
- Process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipts, and help with collection of past due balances to support Accounts Receivable
- General accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Use a variety of sources to prepare statements and reports
- Complete other related duties and assist with special projects as needed
- Code documents using the proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Resolve discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; generate correction documents as required
- File vendor invoices and disbursements and match & file A/P invoices to support accounts payable
- Prepare corporate and individual tax returns
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Louis.Waller AT roberthalf.com OR call directly at
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask effectively
- 2+ years of accounting experience with a CPA firm required
- Financial statement preparation experience
- Proven knowledge of QuickBooks
- Deep understanding of Prepare Tax Returns
- Skilled in Spreadsheet and ERP system
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles